Re: Mac most secure servers?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:58:27AM -0500, Steve Rudd wrote:
> I have been told by a "Mac-head" that the Mac is the most secure server and
> that it is significantly more secure than any unix system, including Linux.
>
> Any comments

:-}

Try this:

# nmap -sU -p 1-65535 name.of.idiots.mac

And see how long it takes before he's cursing because it's hard locked.
Yes, I used to be a Mac SysAdmin.  Don't know if this cute little trick
still works with newer versions of MacOS, but I know that it didn't hard
lock Linux boxes that I tried it on at the time (around Slack 7.0?) because
I tried it on them too.