Re: how secure is mail and ftp and netscape/IE???
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 01:26:02PM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> You could install the Cygwin package for windows. It has ssh-2.3.0
> and sftp I believe.
Look for any of the following on google --
* putty: a <200K single exe file for windows. Does ssh, telnet, xterm
emulation, but no port forwarding. No DLLs, stick it on a floppy and
it just works. GPL.
* pscp: same author as putty, <200K single exe for windows. does scp.
* ttssh: ssh extension for TeraTerm Pro. Considerably larger than
putty, but does port forwarding, X forwarding, and has more features
* niftytelnet with ssh: no port forwarding, but everything else is
* mindterm: runs on Windows Mac, and probably others (Macs require
using jbindery to turn a java class file into a recognizable
executable). Does port forwarding, and can even be run inside a
Mike Renfro / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- firstname.lastname@example.org