Re: secure install

Hi

> On Friday 16 February 2001 09:38, Thor wrote:
> --snip--
> > You can use 'dd' only if you have the same identical model of hard-disk
> > or at least the same geometry ! In other case you may have several
problem
> > on the cloned hd ...
>

> i am sure that is note the case,
> the only requirement is that the target media is the
> same size or larger?

wrong
you can do the copy if the target media is larger but you have
problems in the future because dd read from the original and write to the
target
also the geometry of the disk that is written in the first block of the hard
disk !
for recovering that problem you may use a "low-level" format
utility that it is not the normal know format

> <quote 'info dd'>
>   `dd': Convert and copy a file
>       `dd' copies a file (from standard input to standard output, by
>   default) with a changeable I/O block size, while optionally performing
>   conversions on it.  Synopsis:
> </quote>

this refer to other type of conversion  ...

---
;---+---;
bye |
bye |hor