Re: ISPs offering ssl-encrypted e-mail?

On Friday 02 February 2001 19:08, Philippe BARNETCHE wrote:
> By the way,
> I still don't understand how to handle with mutt the mails that have been
> pgp signed with kmail.
>
> Philippe
>
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 07:03:39PM +0100, A . L . Meyers wrote:
> >
> > Dear fellow Debianites,
> >
> > People talk a lot about security on the net but my efforts to find an
> > ISP offering e. g. ssl-encrpypted e-mail services have been met by
> > dismal responses to date, even in the country with the thickest computer
> > population (ratio computers / humans) in the world: Switzerland.
> >
> > Even with "big, professional" ISPs, it was rare among "technical" staff
> > to find someone who even understood the question. One comment was: "Even
> > if it's encrpyted to here, how should we do the rest of the route?"
> >
> > Since more than 95 % of the users I know do not use pgp or gpg, will
> > e-mail privacy on the web remain wishful thinking?
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Lucien

Dear Philippe,

Mutt must be a female dog (no macho touch inteded). Technical people love it
and, once you have it configured, it is nice to use.  ... once ... once ...
once in the future.
I just got tired trying to get it configured and reverted to kmail.

Anyway, this isn't my question. But I will be happy to send you mails with
mutt if you prefer.

Salatations,

Lucien
--
This message may contain confidential data intended only for the rightful
addressee. Should you receive it by error, please delete it at once and