Re: I want to try something for freedom.

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 07:44:20PM +1100, Paul Haesler wrote:
> Microsoft has never sued Tridge and co. over samba which
> would seem to be a closer analogy - A reverse engineered
> network protocol, as opposed to a cracked encryption
> algorithm.

 The protocol wasn't patented.  It is supposedly documented in an RFC about
NMB.  Microsoft doesn't adhere to that standard, so the challenge is that
the protocol is really convoluted and hard to deal with, not that there are
any legal obstacles.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y