Re: Postfix is spammer-friendly by default on potato and woody

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:43:11AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:

> did you run a test to see if this was really the case?  such as telnet mail-abuse.org

I didn't find this test very accurate.

Look this log :
$ telnet mail-abuse.org
Trying 204.152.184.74...
Connected to mail-abuse.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
<<< 220 xx.xx.xx ESMTP
>>> HELO mail-abuse.org
<<< 250-xx.xx.xx
 :Relay test: #Test 1
>>> mail from: <nobody@mail-abuse.org>
<<< 250-PIPELINING
 >>> rcpt to: <nobody@mail-abuse.org>
<<< 250 8BITMIME
>>> QUIT
<<< 250 ok
Tested host banner: 220 xx.xx.xx ESMTP

System appeared to accept 1 relay attempts

Do you see answers on MAIL FROM and RCPT TO ? I don't (because I have tried manually).
250 Lines that mail-abuse asumes as answers are in buffer from first command-HELO.
Maybe it is not correct to send 3-line response but when you try same commands manualy,
you will get totaly different story.

Regards,

Ivo.