Re: Sheesh .. talk about beating a dead horse (autofs)

monte wrote:

>    You make a living with MS platform, that is fine for you and all of us. We
> couldn't care less about that, only are somewhat curious about why you waste time
> with Linux. I guess you smell Linux money.

Interesting troll.

Windows sucks, so I used OS/2.  MS forked (hmm) OS/2 and Win95 sucked.
OS/2 died and what am I to do?  Go buy Windows?  I don't think so.  This
SunOS that I've been running at work is pretty nice, but I don't have a
Sparc.  blah blah blah, linux buzzes.  Installed it at home, ran it
alongsize OS/2 (dual boot).  Installed it on the sparc.  Eventually,
OS/2 killed itself trying to install a FixPak; time to be immersed in
Slackware.

Time passes, install Linux/Alpha (RedHat).  My new job now runs solely
on Linux in the server room, I run only Linux at home.  Something
happens and I install Debian.  This is only about 2.5 years ago so I may
not be as seasoned as some of the other people here, but I've been
administering unix stations since 93/94.

Anyway, I'd like to write apps for Linux, as my job involvs writing
code.  I'm sorry if this offends you.  Hate to tell you, but at least
here in the US, there isn't a whole lot of demand for Linux apps.  If we
have a customer or a contract, they typically already have an OS, and
that is most likely Windows.

Maybe if the Linux people weren't so immature when it comes to taking
care of problems it wouldn't be that way, but sometimes reality just
comes up and bites you in the ass.

Christopher