Re: time for some OpenBSD-style auditing?

I'm definately not a developer but more a Debian enthusiast.  Here is my
thinking and it may not be correct.

1.  If someone is going to develop software for debian they should be
allowed even if they do not know how to secure it properly.  Since people
are volunteering I would hate to tell someone that they shouldn't
volunteer for software development.

2.  It is a good idea however to set seperate software that has been
tested for good security practices.  As an idea software can not be made
stable until it has gone through rigorous testing.

That's my $.02 as a non developer.

-Scott

--
Scott Sawyer