Re: I want to try something for freedom.

Microsoft has never sued Tridge and co. over samba which
would seem to be a closer analogy - A reverse engineered
network protocol, as opposed to a cracked encryption
algorithm.

Mind you, I'm not a lawyer.  (Mind you, I don't think anybody else
who has contributed to date is either)

--
Paul Haesler                    paul@haesler.dyndns.org