Re: I want to try something for freedom.

Yes, but it is in every aspect similar to what the person who wrote the
first letter in this thread wants to do or is advised to do, namely to
reverse-engineer the operation of a working system which is developed only
for win* and based on proprietary algorithms. That's exactly the same what
the person writing the DeCSS has done. Hence the company creating the
authentication software would probably sue the person writing the first
letter and could expect that the result would be the same as the DeCSS
lawsuit, and it is currently lost. If this happens before the DeCSS
lawsuit is finished in the Supreme Court, then the result will be likely
the same as the first stages of the DeCSS lawsuit, meaning probably lost.

This is only my two-pence of course, but I could not stand not to point
out the similarities between the two situation.

Regards,

Robert Varga