Re: I want to try something for freedom.

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 12:43:26AM -0800, Penguin wrote:
>   Never Mind guys.
>
>   It is damn license.
>
>   Thanks a lot for some of you guys who replied to me.
just a suggestion: you said the algorithm to authenticate i proprietary
so they cannot give you sources, but it doesn't mean you cannot make
some reverse engeneering to packets sents to the authetication server ( i
think it'll work like this client connect to a server , it authenticates
itself and then it can go outside the firewall ).
Just look to the license and watch if it's prohibited to watch HOW it works.
if not then you can make you own "clone" in Linux

c ya
Samuele

--
Samuele Tonon  <samu@mclink.it>
Undergraduate Student  of  Computer Science at  University of Bologna, Italy