RE: Need help analyzing firewall log message

I thank you for trying to help, but ...

> ICMP messages can be of different types, but do not have port assignments.

I know that. I just stated that you use them in the same syntactic manner in
ipchains. Also the source *and* destination address have types in the log
entry.
Naturally only one can denote ICMP type... what's the other?

Is sourceip:3 destip:13 a strange way of saying ICMP type 3, subtype 13??

I'm not a native English speaker so maybe I've phrased some things clumsily.
I'd be grateful if you could re-read my two mails, unfortunately you seem to
misunderstan me.

Thanks again

Christian

PS

Your mail setup is screwed up. You have my pop server
in the From and the Reply-To doesn't exist...