need help.....

I use Linux file server which shares several samba directory for M$-clients.

 I'm wanna check directory quantity that I choice one, so that I can give the alarm to M$-client.

The alarm is such as you dont have any room, so its time to backup

Is There any utility or process that can check specified directory?

Whats the best way to check the directory quantity in Linux..?

And how can I alarm to M$-client..?

I guess..I do have to make some-program..

But I dont have any clue to make program..

Give me some clue or idea or something like that