lnw.net: No Debian security announcements

Hello

Quoting LinuxWeeklyJournal:
Debian's security procedures seem to have broken down slightly as well. The Debian Weekly
News reported four security-related updates this week, none of which were posted to the
debian-security-announce list or to the Debian security page.

They're right. But I can remember making a security patch to mysql which
even got into slink and I mailed to debian-security-l.

So my question is,
a) why no announcements
b) does the security team grep the changes for "security" or similar?
c) should they make a "remembering" mail to all developers that the
   *maintainers* have to should up and mail to security-l if they fix
   an important problem?

bye,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879