Re: Debian Packages

Hello,

> > The best thing you could do, from our POV, is to push your packaging
> > files to salsa, under your user. But hosting your work anywhere and in
> > any way can be helpful, it's gonna be up to the people working on
> > those packages to check it out, though.
> > Guilherme (who's working on seclists) mentioned he would like to see
> > what you've done in the other thread.
> >
> Not too sure how does Salsa work for "outsider" ?

You can do pretty much anything under your user on salsa (just like
when you use gitlab or github), you are only limited to not pushing
changes to other people's/teams projects (but you can always create
your own under your user).

> Those are the packages I made for Buster.
>
> Some of them are local compile of buster-backports, some of them may be
> from testing, and some may not be related to security.
> Mostly everything related to security comes from Kali.

I checked out seclists and I don't think I understand, that packaging
probably didn't come from Kali cause it's missing some important
things from Kali's packaging of seclists around that time. I couldn't
identify what changes there were required for the Debian packaging,
eg.: why didn't you use Kali's package instead?

My suggestion is to identify a package which you think it's the
closest to be ready for Debian and then work on that. But it's
important to check what are the differences in your packaging vs
Kali's to evaluate if it's better to start from scratch (based on
Kali's packaging) or continue with your version.

You can also identify which of those packages have improvements
performed over Kali's packaging, write down what those improvements
are[0], and then only upload the packages which have these
improvements. Unfortunately it might be unlikely that someone will
have time to go through all of your packages looking for those
improvements, as basing the packaging on Kali's is already quite a
good baseline.

[0] I suggest sending this summary here as well, as we can help
identify which ones could save the most time.

Thank you,

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>