Re: Debian Packages

Hello Polyna-Maude,

I'm gonna reply here even though I'm not Raphaël,

> I've already (for myself) ported many to Debian many packages that are
> only on Kali.
> Some of them may not have the quality to pass the tests done by Lintian
> or obey to Debian guidelines.
> Anyway, I'd be more than interested in giving times to help out.

Awesome,

> I'm on the step of contacting a local Debian member to have myself
> authenticated in "real life" with my id cards.

Just don't worry too much about it, it is important to get your gpg
key signed but that's not a blocker for contributing, it will only be
required once you start the DM process, and even on that case we have
ways around it (key endorsements, if you used to sign all your
commits).

> If there's anything that I could do as a start ?
>
> I've seen you as maintainer of many of the Debian security packages.
>
> I know there's another person wanting to port the "seclists" package
> over to Debian. I've told him that I've already done this for my
> personal use and offered to check against each other the differences
> between both result we may have in the results.
> For myself, I've noted that SecLists is not maintained anymore by OWASP.
>
> If you ever want to take a look at all I've done, let me know how would
> it be easier for you.
>
> I could simply put the files online (.dsc / .deb) ?
> And if I can give a hand in any way...

The best thing you could do, from our POV, is to push your packaging
files to salsa, under your user. But hosting your work anywhere and in
any way can be helpful, it's gonna be up to the people working on
those packages to check it out, though.
Guilherme (who's working on seclists) mentioned he would like to see
what you've done in the other thread.

With regards to contributions, I'm just taking a guess based on my
limited understanding of what you have there, but you could try to
upload one of the packages you've worked on to Debian.

Thank you!

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>