Re: john - Request for review of merge request - Add autopkgtests

Hello Jan,

> recently I submitted a merge request to add autopkgtests to the
> hash-cracking software `john` [1].
> I want to kindly ask for a review and a merge of this addition, if it
> fulfills the quality standards.

Awesome, I just merged your MR.

> Furthermore, I wonder, whether you took into consideration to package
> the "jumbo"-version of `john` also, which contains helpful features for
> the real world password-cracking use of `john` -- especially in a
> forensics-context? In Kali this version is already packaged [2]. Would
> you accept this version -- e.g. with a package-name like `john-jumbo` or
> `jtr-jumbo` -- as an addition?

We had a brief discussion about this back in January, the conclusion
is that we want to have the jumbo version packaged but only after
bullseye's release.
Check out this thread for more details:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-tools/2021/01/msg00018.html

Thanks for your contribution :)