Re: RFS: New dnstwist upstream version and bug fix (was: Test suite issue fixed for dnstwist)

Hello SZ Lin and Peter,

On Sun, 3 May 2020 at 16:09, SZ Lin (林上智) <szlin@debian.org> wrote:
> Thanks for taking this, I'm on the national holidays.

Enjoy your holidays :)

> According to the team wiki [1], it elaborates to submit merge requests to
> submit the result of the work in most cases.
>
> Therefore, generally, I review the MR which includes three branches in
> Salsa once the repository exists in the team.

(talking about this scenario in general, as in this specific case
Peter should have permissions to push to the repo and wouldn't need to
deal with MR/forking)
hmm, we may have to rethink this approach and document that is okay to
ask for a review on the person's own fork. Unless Salsa does support
multiple branches as source and dest in an MR, but...

> IIRC, the MR function in Salsa will handle three different branches
> and act accordingly.
> (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I had tried this in the past and it wasn't a feature, searching online
also didn't gave me any results of people managing to do this. Thus I
believe it's not possible to do so, if you happen to confirm that it
works, please correct me.

Peter, the package is good and I uploaded it with a small change in
the changelog to put the "new release" statement at the first line.
Since this is the first time I sponsor an upload of yours, I will not
give you DM permission now, unfortunately, but will happily do so in
the next 1/2 uploads.

I wasn't aware of the existence of this package, it's very interesting
and I will try it out myself for some domains I own, the autopkgtest
also leads to some interesting results, hahaha.

Thanks for your work

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>