Re: arno-iptables-firewall 2.0.3-1~rc4

Hi Sven,

On Tue, 08 Jan 2019 19:33:43 +0100, Sven Geuer <debmaint@g-e-u-e-r.de>
wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
> arno-iptables-firewall has been accepted into experimental [1].
> It would be of great help if you could test the new arno package and
> give feedback at debian-security-tools@lists.debian.org.
> Especially your experiences with upgrading from version 2.0.1.f or
> older is of interest.

Thanks for contacting me, since I am the one who filed bug number
#862856 in 2017. Many thanks for your work on improving
arno-iptables-firewall in Debian and adopting it as new maintainer, as
I had the impression that the package looked rather abandoned! I am
happy to give some feedback here. However, my feedback is purely based
on my perspective as a regular user, and I did not investigate the
quality of the Debian packaging itself.

After reading the changelog entry of your version, I upgraded from
version 2.0.1.f to yours on a couple of systems (all based on sid). In
all cases the upgrade proceeded smoothly without problems. I am running
your packaged version since two days now, and until now I have not
encountered any problem.

Best regards,
Marcus

PS: I am not subscribed to d-s-t@l.d.o, and unfortunately this mailing
list is not available via the Gmane NNTP gateway, so please CC me in
future responses from the list (in case that there are any).
--
RWTH Aachen University, Institute of Organic Chemistry,
Landoltweg 1, 52074 Aachen, Germany. https://bolm.oc.rwth-aachen.de/