Re: Openscap-daemon: python3.7 incompatibility

On 2018-07-25 12:30, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Hi Phil,

Hi Raphael,

I believe that you should not restrict openscap-daemon to a specific
Python version. This is useless work that needs to be undone rather soon since
Python 3.7 aims to be the default.

It's perfectly OK if there's a bug open for a while in unstable until
we have a fix.

If you want to go faster, you could write a Debian-specific patch yourself until upstream releases an update. It's usually not hard, you just have to
rename the "async" variables/attributes in some consistent manner
everywhere. It needs some care/coordination with upstream when it's part
of the API though (exposed attribute name in methods for example).

As async is the module (and as a consequence the file) name, I prefer to let the upstream choose the correct naming for this. The update is easy as soon as a new name is chosen for this module.

In any case, when you have opened an upstream issue, you should mark
#904371 as forwarded to the upstream issue URL:

bts forwarded 904371 https://...

Ok I update the bug in consequence.

Thanks!

Cheers,