intetsim review (Re: ITP: inetsim)

Hi,

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:37:42 +0000
GengYu Rao <zouyoo at outlook.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 04:02 PM, Lukas Schwaighofer wrote:

> >> when launching by init script the cwd will be changed
> >> to /usr/share/inetsim but if launched from console the cwd wouldn't
> >> be that, and it will try to use
> >> ./conf, ./data, ./log? ./report directories relative to the cwd.
> > I would argue that this makes sense for inetsim:  If you want to
> > run it from the command line to test something, you would do that
> > in a new folder and make a configuration specifically for that.  The
> > data/log/report will then not "mix" with other experiments.
> well, this is true. but i think it is also good to install just like
> upstream
> or kali. otherwise, users may got puzzled for different packages
> have different locations of files. And there are many tutorials saying
> the files are at certain places, users many look at those online.

Kali will use the package from Debian (i.e. the original one from kali
will be dropped in favor of yours once it migrates to testing).

And I just saw that you added the config.patch from upstream's Debian
package, which already changes the default paths from
  ./log, ./data, ./report and ./conf/inetsim.conf
  /var/log/inetsim/, /var/lib/inetsim/, /var/log/inetsim/report/
  and /etc/inetsim/inetsim.conf
so unless you mean to drop that patch again, this problem is already
solved.

Regards
Lukas