Should we move openvas from exp to sid

Hi,

On Wed, 24 May 2017 10:12:23 +0800
SZ Lin (???) <szlin at debian.org> wrote:

> According to [1], what do you think should we move openvas 9 from exp
> to sid now ? or just wait for Debian unfreezing.

I don't think that uploading to sid makes sense.  I'd wait for the
stretch release before doing that.

My understanding is that this is not a change that will be considered
for unblocking.  So uploading it to sid now will not help anyone (I
think people using sid are generally able to install packages from
experimental if they need them).  In case we need to fix an RC bug in
the stretch version of openvas later, having a newer version in sid
will not allow us to upload & unblock it via sid (which is the
preferred way).

> Any feedback is welcome.
>

> ref:
> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/05/msg00311.html