dsniff review (Re: Ask for review)

Hi Marcos,

I hope I'm invited to review too, even though I have no prior
experience.  I only looked at dsniff for now, I have the following
comments:

In debian/rules, you added:

> include /usr/share/dpkg/architecture.mk
> ifeq ($(origin CC),default)
> export CC := $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)-gcc
> endif

The bug submitter [1] mentioned, that a more recent version of
autotools might fix the problem too. Did you check if this is still
needed since with debhelper compatibility level 10, the configure
script is automatically regenerated using autoreconf?

If you have to keep it I would suggest adding a comment in debian/rules
and a reference to the bug report.

There is some excessive linking (which dh_shlibdeps warns about during
dpkg-buildpackage). I would propose to avoid that by adding
  export DEB_LDFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND = -Wl,--as-needed
to debian/rules.

For the override_dh_auto_install, you could still call dh_auto_install
and just give it the prefix as additional parameter:

 override_dh_auto_install:
-       $(MAKE) install prefix=$(CURDIR)/debian/dsniff/usr
+       # usage of prefix is hardcoded in Makefile.in
+       dh_auto_install -- prefix=debian/dsniff/usr

Finally, the source seems to be a repack (with just the CSV folders
removed AFAICT) but this does not seem to be documented anywhere
(or I just didn't find it).

I will try to look at (some of) the other packages as well if you find
my feedback helpful.

Regards
Lukas

[1]?https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=852360