Hashcat new release 3.30

Hello,

>I see that you fixed the missing library problem here[1].
>
>I would like to request Rapha?l's help because i think we should ship the libhashcat in a -dev package.
>
>Rapha?l, is that right? Or can we just ship everything in the hashcat package?
>Just a general reminding that we have until 25th January to update our packages before the freeze. I did not have the proper time to finish hashcat, but i will do >so, or help (in case Lorenzo finishes) until this weekend.
>

>[1]https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-security/hashcat.git/commit/?id=b2eef484f16f85e61d17c8ff0fa9d8e0941adba4

the answer is: is that a library intended to be used outside?

In ettercap I did include the so library inside the main binary, and I plan to split it in a -dev package once
I'll consider the library stable enough to be used outside.

So the answer is up to you.

BTW linking libhashcat.so is simply wrong if you plan to split the package.

HASHCAT_LIBRARY         := libhashcat.so

it should be something like "libhashcat.so.0" or whatever, with a symlink to the libhashcat.so.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4561871/link-against-symlink-instead-of-soname

But if the library is intended to be an internal library, so the split is not useful and the above commit
is correct (maybe you can install it in the multiarch location, but it doesn't change too much since
the bin/ binary is not multiarch

G.

hi samuel, i'll reply to you privately to not flood the mailing list