RE: wdm & security

>   startx -- -nolisten tcp

  Obviously this would do the trick, but see below as to why it is not
a good option.

> only as part of the perennially-discussed task-harden.  Doesn't even
> effect remote xsessions, as you should be using ssh to tunnel your
> sessions anyway.

  There is no way of ssh tunneling remote x sessions, when my remote
terminal is a dummy tektronic x terminal. When in switched internal
network (that is, there is a firewall between the switch and the
internet), the need to tunnel is minimal - unless my switch and
firewall are compromised - if not non-existent.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|