Re: Some help to finish packaging toulbar2

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 06:11:55PM +0100, Thomas Schiex wrote:
> I have uploaded a new version of toulbar2
> (https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/toulbar2) but I'm facing two issues:
>
> 1. when I try a debuild -B (on bookworm) after cloning and installing
>    build dependencies, the toulbar2 binary package builds fine, but not
>    the toulbar2-doc package.
>    It is described in debian/control, but this seems to be just ignored
>    by debuild.

Yes, because of the "-B" option you pass, it builds only the architecture "any"
package which is toulbar2 in this case

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/toulbar2/-/blob/master/debian/control?ref_type=heads#L30

Simply doing a debuild should do the trick. BTW, you should be building things
in an unstable environment.

> 2. when I try a debuild -S, lintian complains of a missing source file
>    for an html file (misc/doc/CpWcspFormats.html).
>    I just don't understand what the corresponding source could be.

If this html file is not a generated file (from some other source) via some doc
build system like sphinx or doxygen, then lintian is wrong here and you can
override this error.

> PS: please answer to my gmail address. Our professional (µsoft-based) system
> has been hacked and my official mail is not working.

CC'ed your Gmail address, hope that's the right one.

Best,
Nilesh