Re: Numba not in testing due to lots of autopkgtest errors - how to proceed

On Fri, 2023-02-03 at 10:56 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 02:21:08PM -0800, Diane Trout wrote:
>
> Thank you deeply for that!
>
> From the context of hyperspy[1], if it's not too much trouble to at
> some
> point upload what you have to experimental it may help testing how
> things are improving for reverse dependencies
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1028548
>
> If you're at a stead point in importing packagse, if it can help I
> can
> try building a new numba package out of git, run the hyperspy test
> suite
> with it, and let you know if things changed since 0.56.4+dfsg-1

I pushed numba 0.56.4+dfsg-2 to unstable, and it should be vastly
better than -1. I quickly counted there's about 13 test failures for
what functionality we can support, those failing tests are currently
getting skipped by pythons unittest expectedFailure and skip test
decorators, so autopkgtest will thinks it's clean.

They have tests for cuda that are ignored, and I had to disable the
onetbb support since they haven't updated to the versions we are
shipping.

I hope that helps out with hyperspy

Diane