Re: We are right before the freeze now - please update anything to latest version that needs updating

Hi Joost,

Am Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 10:39:17AM +0100 schrieb Joost van Baal-Ilić:
> Hi Andreas e.a.,
>
> [I guess the same is true for debian-science, re-using your -med post here.]

Re-using is fine. ;-)

> On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 03:14:30PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote to debian-med:
> > Hi Maarten and others,
> >
> > as subject says we are right before the freeze since packages need some time
> > to migrate to testing to reach the next stable release.  We should upload
> > what should be in the next release *right now*.  I've explicitly kept Maarten
> > in CC since I have no idea how these package interoperate with each other and
> > will not touch these.
> >
> > Kind regards and thanks to anybody who works hard to make the next stable
> > release the best ever.
>
> I feel still responsible for the r-cran stuff @
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=joostvb ; thanks to Andreas and other
> debian-science people that is pretty much up to date.
>
> The Debian science-linguistics part I've been working on till about 2016 is
> collected at https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=ko.vandersloot%40uvt.nl
> .  There's quite some work to do there.  Upstream also has commit and upload
> access, but I don't expect them to make it in time for the release; the future
> of this software in Debian is a bit unclear now.

May be I should (again) advertise routine-update, which works quite good
to take over the routine part (except refreshing patches) to update a
package.

For the sake of completeness I'd recommend the UDD dashboard:

   https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=debian-science-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org&email2=tille%40debian.org&email3=r-pkg-team%40alioth-lists.debian.net&packages=&ignpackages=&format=html#todo

(where you probably should add your own ID as email2) to also see issues
with testing migration.  Its *not* sufficient to push a package to
unstable to make it migrate to testing automagically.  I've observed in
several cases that packages I assumed to migrate nicely hanging in
unstable for ages (due to some issues with dependencies, architectures,
autopkgtests).  You can also find uscan errors there which might hide
new upstream versions

> (These days I'm very busy preparing
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2023/FOSDEM .)

Have fun there.  Finally I should come to this nice event again ...