Re: Are we still trying to do scipy 1.10, given transition freeze?

Hi Rebecca

On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 at 23:48, Rebecca N. Palmer <rebecca_palmer@zoho.com> wrote:
> Given that the transition freeze was on 2023-01-12, it's too late to
> move to scipy 1.10 if that's likely to cause significant breakage.  (Do
> we have a guess of whether it will, or do we need a package that builds
> in experimental to test that?)

>From the release team's perspective, this isn't a transition; no new
library package, no binNMUs needed.

It would be good to have scipy 1.10 in testing before the start of the
soft freeze on 2023-02-12, because from that point, only small,
targeted fixes are appropriate [1].

Regards
Graham

[1] https://release.debian.org/bookworm/freeze_policy.html