Are we still trying to do scipy 1.10, given transition freeze?

Control: tags -1 fixed-upstream patch
Control: forwarded -1 https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/17033

This "broken by numpy 1.24" bug looks to me like 17033, not 17630. This has what looks like a trivially-backportable patch, though I haven't actually tried that:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/17035

Given that the transition freeze was on 2023-01-12, it's too late to move to scipy 1.10 if that's likely to cause significant breakage. (Do we have a guess of whether it will, or do we need a package that builds in experimental to test that?)

The scipy 1.10 FTBFS in salsa ( https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/scipy/-/pipelines/486634 ) is it trying to download test data, which isn't allowed for a build-time test. We could make those tests autopkgtest-only, or if the data is reasonably sized, add it to the package: Pooch can use a local cache.
https://sources.debian.org/src/pooch/1.6.0-2/README.rst/