Re: skimage: two build-time tests are failing in latest upload

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> thanks for caring for skimage.  I realised that s390x fails building[1]
> with:
>
> =========================== short test summary info ============================
> FAILED
> skimage/color/tests/test_colorconv.py::test_lab_lch_roundtrip_dtypes[float16]
> FAILED
> skimage/color/tests/test_colorconv.py::test_lab_lch_roundtrip_dtypes[float32]
> = 2 failed, 7199 passed, 113 skipped, 1 xfailed, 8 xpassed, 825
> warnings in 188.02s (0:03:08) =
> E: pybuild pybuild:388: test: plugin distutils failed with: exit
> code=1: cd /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/.pybuild/cpython3_3.11/build; python3.11
> -m pytest
>
> I admit I'd consider simply ignoring these two tests on s390x.

I forwarded them upstream [1]. If they don't have an advice, I will just
disable them.

> BTW, I've just uploaded dask which hopefully might work properly so you
> might consider reverting its exclusion done in your latest upload.

I will probably leave dask out here: it does not give additional
functionality in the build. We *may* re-include it for testing, but even
then my impression is that the tests are not really worthwile.

Cheers

Ole

[1] https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/issues/6670