Re: Patching joblib 1.2.0 in experimental

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 09:03:12AM -1000, Chiara Marmo wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> the joblib test test_joblib_pickle_across_python_versions_with_mmap fails
> on big endian architecture s390x.
> I have offered a patch to upstream [1]: the developers seem inclined to
> merge but they are wondering if it is possible to test it before.
> As I already created a branch experimental on salsa, I was planning to add
> the patch to that branch: would it be feasible to upload to experimental
> and verify if the patch works?

No need to jump that many hoops, all DDs have access to a bunch of machines[2]
so I could test it for you.

But that being said, you might be aware that there is a perl transition going on
due to which there is wide un-installability on unstable, so it won't be peaceful (w/o workarounds)
I'll test it after a week or maybe 10 days if that is OK for you?

(Uploading right now won't be fruitful either as the package won't build at the moment, it'll go
in a dep-wait and at the time of writing this mail s390x is under dep-wait)

> Thanks for listening,

Thanks for working on this!

[2] https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi

--