Re: MeshLab update, help wanted

Hi Ryan,

Le 20/09/2022 à 18:47, Ryan Pavlik a écrit :
Hey all,

I've updated the MeshLab package to their latest release. I have also
updated the copyright file, which was one of the things I didn't get
to last time I poked the package. It's still failing CI, but I think
it's just a missing Lintian override, if I understand right. (It has a
private library it uses internally, so it's installed to a subdir of
the lib directory, per policy. Thus it has an RPATH to find it, so I
think we just have to say "yeah we intentionally have the rpath in
there")

I think it is useful to dig a bit into the Lintian output:
- the error is related to the relative runpath of
	/usr/lib/<arch>/meshlab/libmeshlab-common.so,
not
	/usr/bin/meshlab
and this is somewhat important, I trust this is not what we want to achieve [0]. Also it would be worth checking the runpaths of all the other private libraries; - mismatched Lintian overrides are probably caused by recent changes in Lintian syntax; - d/copyright should be slightly reworked, for instance there is a stanza with "License: BSD" which is not associated to a full text (also you have BSD-2-Clause and BSD-3-Clause, maybe "BSD" is one of them?);
- while you are at it, you could raise the Standards version to 4.6.1.

It at least appears to start up correctly here, when built on
bullseye, but I didn't do a lot of testing on it. Just loaded a few
files.

If someone has a few cycles to look it over, fix that issue, and
submit it, that would be great, since it's by far the most popular
package on my "things I've touched" list.

Let us know if you need to discuss anything in the above list!

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/meshlab/

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks for the work on meshlab,