Re: scikit-learn testing migration

On 8/13/22 13:34, Andreas Tille wrote:
The drawback of this solution is that we will not get any warning for
new *potentially more important* issues since all test failures will be
ignored now.  For me this is outweighted by the advantage that we can
present upstream a full log of all issues in certain architectures and
can open according issues.  I admit I'm not really enthusiastic that
upstream will care much about this - but at least we have the logs at
hand and can do something in case someone wants to invest time into
this.

Considering long term maintainance this does not seem to be nice especially
keeping in mind the fact that sklearn is a key package.
I think it is OK to do it _for the moment_ to allow the dust to settle a bit,
and rm'ed packages to get to their destination once again
but I'd suggest ``incrementally'' enabling the tests once everything is in place.

I agree that upstream is probably not very enthusiastic about fixing those, but
if we get fixes, we should keep propagating them.

In a nutshell, IMO the sklearn revision that enters bookworm _should_ have tests enabled, without
hacks and the tests that do not pass can be disabled (after all, it does not come from our end)

I do not plan to close bugs #1003165 and #1008369 but I think it is
appropriate to reduce its severity to important and thus enable the
package and its dependencies to migrate to testing (I have not checked
debci yet).

Sounds good, and thanks for caring for it.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/scikit-learn/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L227

--
Best,
Nilesh