transition: pandas 1.1 -> 1.3

Source: pandas
Version: 1.1.5+dfsg-2
Severity: wishlist

On 10/11/2021 17:14, Andreas Tille wrote:
pandas is lagging behind upstream by several versions.  I guess we
should try to get in sync with upstream a bit more.

Yes, but please don't upload this yet: it's common for a pandas upgrade to break reverse dependencies.

The package does not build yet since the documentation needs sphinx_panels.
On 10/11/2021 18:32, Timo Röhling wrote> Maybe, as a compromise, we can cut out all the notebooks^H bells and
whistles and limit the offline documentation to the API reference
itself, which is arguably the most useful part? I don't know
how easy it is to trim down the documentation, though.

The pandas (and probably statsmodels) documentation already is modified to build with fewer dependencies - see sphinx_no_pandas_theme.patch.