Re: Contributing to yosys maintenance

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 11:03:40PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> äh - no, not yet. Wait for Ruben's reply. The integrity of the upstream
> orig.tar.gz is a crucial part. You could be evil and introduce something
> that then Ruben signs? Nope.

Fair enough. Tough if me not pushing to a repo I have access to now is
critical to package integrity something is very wrong already :)

> Also, yosys (like most packages on salsa) comes with a pristine-tar
> branch. Please look at git-buildpackage and, preferably, get a mentor
> for your first upload to salsa. I am not sure about any policy document
> for science, but for med there is
> https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/ which should also apply to
> salsa (just s/med/science/g) - please read that prior to uploading to salsa.

I've just pushed this to my fork for now:

    https://salsa.debian.org/dxld-guest/yosys

> > > Please also look at the electronics team.
> > I'm also planning on packaging the ghdl yosys integration so I'll likely
> > have to :)
>
> Very nice. I happen to be behind
> https://github.com/ghdl/ghdl-yosys-plugin/issues/162, so your work is
> most welcome, indeed. Feel free drop a note in that issue that you
> surfaced to address this.

Ah, I hadn't seen that yet. Just figured I'll start packaging and see how
it goes without looking ;)

Looks like the ghdl 1.0.0 release is too old for the plugin, so I'm working
on getting gbp to let me switch the package to using git as the source for
an upload to experimental or something. I'll let you know if I get
anywhere.

--Daniel