Re: Contributing to yosys maintenance

Hi Daniel,

On 30.12.21 22:38, Daniel Gröber wrote:
Hi Anton and Steffen,

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 10:11:26PM +0100, Anton Gladky wrote:
I have just added you to the group. Welcome on board!
You can commit directly in git, but please coordinate
your work with an active uploaders of this package, if
there are any.
Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

So I guess I'll at least push new upstream release into the upstream branch
and then open an MR for the rests of the changes while I wait for a
response. That shouldn't step on anyone's toes, right?

äh - no, not yet. Wait for Ruben's reply. The integrity of the upstream
orig.tar.gz is a crucial part. You could be evil and introduce something
that then Ruben signs? Nope.

Also, yosys (like most packages on salsa) comes with a pristine-tar
branch. Please look at git-buildpackage and, preferably, get a mentor
for your first upload to salsa. I am not sure about any policy document
for science, but for med there is
https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/ which should also apply to
salsa (just s/med/science/g) - please read that prior to uploading to salsa.

Please also look at the electronics team.
I'm also planning on packaging the ghdl yosys integration so I'll likely
have to :)

Very nice. I happen to be behind
https://github.com/ghdl/ghdl-yosys-plugin/issues/162, so your work is
most welcome, indeed. Feel free drop a note in that issue that you
surfaced to address this.

Best,
Steffen