We have a number of finite element packages (fenics, deal.ii) which can serve as the engine for contact mechanics, though you'd have to implement the weak formulation for your system to get it running (example scripts exist).

Does siconos do what you need?

Drew

On 2021-03-26 15:37, Rock Storm wrote:
Dear Debian Science,

I recently came across the question of whether I could replace
proprietary MSC ADAMS [1] software for multi-body dynamics simulation with
a FOSS alternative. Best, option seems to be MBDyn [2]. However, it is
not packaged in Debian though it was requested quite long ago [3]. I
could not find any other related programs in either the Engineering [4]
or Physics [5] lists of packages (though it is not a surprise entirely
given those pages seem quite outdated). Do we have any other program for
this kind of simulation already packaged in Debian that I'm missing?

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSC_Adams
[2]: https://www.mbdyn.org
[3]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=899218
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Engineering