Re: RFS: Geant 4

Moin Andreas,
On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 08:09:04PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Geant4
>
> The repository on Salsa says the package goes to main.  I have not
> checked d/copyright (yet).  What parts are non-free according to
> your opinion?

I have no opinion on the license. I think Kevin McCarty did all the work
back then, and according to that, and the wiki page, the geant 4 license is
non-free (I think it was even worse before). This license is still mentioned
in the copyright file. The wiki page is fairly old, so if the g4 license, or
Debian's interpretation of it, have change in the meantime, the wiki page
should be updated. Actually, in any case it should be updated to mention the
new packaging effort to avoid duplicate work.

Christian