Re: Please push changes of qelectrotech 1:0.7.0-1 to Git repository

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 11:52:39PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> On 2020-03-06 12:10, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > when I went through some merge requests (also from you) I realised
> > that there is even a new upload of qelectrotech but its not pushed
> > to Git.  Can you please push?
>
> What exactly is missing? It looks like everything is there, or not?

   $ gbp clone salsa:science-team/qelectrotech
   $ git branch
  debian/master
* master
  pristine-tar
   $ head debian/changelog
qelectrotech (1:0.6-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  [ Laurent trinques ]
  * Remove libs detected automatically from depends.
  * Remove libqt5printsupport5 from recommends.

  [ Denis Briand ]
  * New upstream release (Closes: #888418).
  * Change homepage URI from http to https in debian/control file.
  * Change Vcs-Git URI from git to https in debian/control file.

I realised that all the stuff is in branch debian/master.

So well, probably things are there - but that's a confusing branch
layout.  Per Debian Science policy branch upstream (missing here)
contains the upstream source and branch master contains the Debian
packaging.  Since master is the default branch I never looked for
debian/master.  If you have good reasons to stick to the current branch
layout (where master IMHO is at best confusing) could you please at
least make debian/master default branch to make sure random team members
who might clone that repository do not trap into the same pitfall like I
did?

> PS: I believe, that your "patch-1" needs a small fix:
> s/a element editor, and an titleblock/an element editor, and a titleblock/
> (I'm not a native English speaker, however.)

Its actually not "my fix"  I simply realised long term unmerged merge
requests[1], merged them and ended up with a strange repository.  Please
feel to fix it - you know I'm not an English speaker either.

I'd like to hear your opinion about Merge requests in Debian Science
packages.  These do not seem to be very popular and thus the work of new
contributors is bit-rotting in Salsa which is sad.

PS: BTW, I'd consider it sensible if you would move qelectrotech to
    electronics-team.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/qelectrotech/-/merge_requests?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=merged