Re: RFC: Changing the debian system default BLAS/LAPACK implementation

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the feedback. It turns that at least two of us agree that an
overridable and sensible default is the preferred way.

In that case, we should keep the dependency template of src:lapack
intact. And I'll afterwards (1) write a lintian info notifying the
maintainer about performance; (2) update science team policy about this
recommendation.

BTW, it's relatively easy to provide a recommendedation on overriding
the default blas/lapack dependency:

  Recommends: libopenblas0 | libblis3 | libatlas3-base | libblas3 | libmkl-rt | libblas.so.3
  (maintainers can also move these packages to Depends: or Suggests: when appropriate)

The package order is the same as that in the update-alternative
mechanism.