Re: OpenBlas Pthread issue with R

Hi Dirk and Mo,

Le jeudi 28 mai 2020 à 08:12 +0000, Mo Zhou a écrit :

> After browsing some of the related discussions, I think we can try
> rebuilding openblas with one of of these options (MAKE_OPTIONS)
>
>   USE_SIMPLE_THREADED_LEVEL3=1
>   USE_TLS=0
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:22:32PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>
> > But not to take this away from the key aspect:
> >
> >  - on some platforms (and my i7-8700k fits) R is _unuseable_
> >
> > That is a grave issue. Fixing this should maybe take precedence over
> > designing new schemes that are yet to be tested.

I agree that there is a bug that needs to be fixed. I happen to have
access to an i7-8700K CPU, so I’ll try to reproduce the problem.

I also think we should track this in a proper Debian bug, adding links
to the “relevant discussions” mentioned by Mo above. Can one of you
open that bug, so that we can move the discussion there?

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer