Re: [GSoC] BLAS/LAPACK Ecosystem Enhancement for Debian

On 2020-05-12 03:15, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
Le lundi 11 mai 2020 à 21:10 +0200, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :
Le mardi 12 mai 2020 à 01:48 +0800, Drew Parsons a écrit :
> 2b) A separate thing to look into is whether the alternative for
> libblas.so.3 can be slaved on to libblas.so (or vice versa)

I think the difficulty here is that libblas.so and libblas.so.3 live in
different packages (-dev versus shared library).

Sorry I had overlooked your remark about HDF5. What is done there looks
a bit hackish, but if it works and is robust, why not…

Yes, somewhat of a hack, but it seems to work.

Note however that the libblas.so alternative should actually not matter
much. Since the various implementations are supposed to be ABI-
compatible, whichever is used at link time should normally be
irrelevant.

True, so not so critical if they're different. The danger then is if admin sets the alternative for libblas.so but not libblas.so.3, and thinks the job's done.

Drew