Re: numerical comparisons or not? (platform compatibility during testing)

Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1@gmail.com> writes:

> It could be the way.. but since this would possibly require some
> tuning, is there a way to test on different buildd platforms before
> the package is actually deployed?

You can request temporary guest access to hosts of various
architectures, per https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/.  However,
that's somewhat more involved than a sponsored upload.

An intermediate option would be to perform a sponsored upload to
experimental rigged to accept arbitrary test results and dump them for
reference, either to the build log or to a file in some existing binary
package (which you could then arrange to download).

I suppose you could also test in qemu or the like, either fully or by
way of cross-building so that the compiler would at least get to run
natively.

Thanks for your interest in portability and in efficient use of Debian
resources!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu