Re: e4s - there is so much out there - too much for us to cope

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 11:43:33PM +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:

> One thing that could be helpful is to set up benchmark tests for the
> packages we have packaged.  Then we can provide direct comparisons of the
> performance of packages that we do package against the same package run
> inside a container.  That can help make the argument of whether it's worth
> packaging or not.  To some extent it could be done via debian/tests so we
> have regular benchmark timings from debci.

I agree with the benchmarking idea.  At last Debian Med sprint I also
had the idea to compare Conda based installations with the Debian
packaged one in a benchmark.  While this topic was not picked up by any
attendee I think its an interesting question to compare

   Container - Conda - Debian package