e4s - there is so much out there - too much for us to cope

Hello,

I just came across https://e4s-project.github.io/ and am both fascinated
and shocked about how free HPC software much I am not aware of. Their
answer to everything are containers. Does anyone on this list have any
ties with these folks?

Would Debian (and Ubuntu with it) benefit from packaging more of it? I
have seen the HDF5 library as something we ship, nothing else, really.
Would anybody know how to get some funding for packaging this
infrastructure? I admit thatI would rather want learn how to use these
packages than to invest my time into packaging them. Sounds like I
should just go for the tutorials and then the containers, right?

Cheers,

Steffen