Re: libopencv 3.2 for buster or some other version ?

Hi shirish,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 08:43:50AM +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> I know we are close to the freeze but is there a possibility of any
> other version of libopencv apart from 3.2 to come to buster ?

Impossible. It's too late to get any newer version into Buster and
every OpenCV transition is not trivial at all.

3/4 of opencv's reverse dependencies failed to build against opencv4.0.
I've just filed a bunch of bugs for this several days ago.

> I have nothing against libopencv3.2 apart from the fact that it's
> almost 2 years old . I did see release opencv 4.0.1 which ewas just
> released about a month back.
>
> https://github.com/opencv/opencv/releases/tag/4.0.1

I agree that the version for Buster is ancient. BTW 4.0.1 was already
in experimental, along with significant breaking changes.

> $ apt-cache policy libopencv-video3.2 libopencv-video3.3
> libopencv-video3.4 libopencv-video4.0

Maybe the next Debian stable release will ship opencv >= 4.0