[need mentor] GSoC Proposal: Enhancement to Debian's BLAS/LAPACK Ecosys

Hi science team,

I'm proposing the following project for GSoC 2020:
  "Enhancement to Debian's BLAS/LAPACK Ecosys"
To some extent this is basically making some portion of my
todo-list well-funded by Google :-)

I cannot "mentor" myself as I'm the participating student...
So I think I need a GSoC mentor at this point.
Please tell me if you are willing to be the mentor for this proposed project.

Content of Proposal
-------------------

1. write down the formal (science team) policies about BLAS/LAPACK
   linkage and add corresponding lintian warnings. (Partially
   discussed on -devel before.)
2. help BLAS/LAPACK reverse dependencies get rid of the
   libcblas.so linkage. (confirmed in the previous MBF)
3. remove libcblas.so from src:atlas (confirmed by Sébastien)
4. integrate libflame into our ecosys (preliminary packaging
   already available on salsa. may need to work with upstream
   and solve some remaining problems. when the package is ready
   for debian, I'll also port it to Gentoo)
5. a fine documentation about debian's BLAS/LAPACK ecosys
   (some of you have already seen a private copy of this)

Optional targets (if there will be enough time for me)

1. update src:openblas and src:suitesparse and remove the vendored
   openblas/suitesparse from src:julia.
2. patch src:lapack and add 64bit-indexing support for CBLAS.

Background/Who am I
-------------------

I'm confident about acceptance ... as long as Debian will not fall out
from the hosting organization list this year...

1. I'm currently a master student.
2. During GSoC2019, I introduced a blas/lapack runtime switch mechanism
   to Gentoo (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Blas-lapack-switch)
   which is to some extent similar to our update-alternatives.
3. currently I co-maintain a portion of blas/lapack packages for
   both Gentoo and Debian.
4. I have sufficient skill set (as a DD) to finish the proposal
   (that has been dragged for long time due to my slacking off)