Subject: Re: libmseed licensing
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 20:40:56 +0100 (CET)
From: pierreduperray@free.fr
To: Paride Legovini <pl@ninthfloor.org>

Hello Paride,

On 12/3/19 2:09 PM, Paride Legovini wrote:
Hi Pierre,

I'm working at the libmseed3 Debian package. One thing I noticed is that
IRIS relicensed libmseed from LGPL-3.0+ to Apache-2.0, plus there are a
couple of files in the repo that are MIT/Expat licensed.
ok
I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Are you fine with relicensing debian/* as Apache-2.0 for licensing
uniformity?
no problem
2. d/copyright lists you as the copyright owner of mseed.pc.in, licensed
LGPL-3.0+. Apparently they didn't really take this into account when
doing the relicensing. Are you fine with relicensing this as Apache-2.0?
(Given the nature of the file I'd probably drop the copyright claim and
just consider it as part of upstream, but this is up to you.)

Yes I don't claim anything, we can consider it part of upstream.

I completely left the seismology domain, thank you so much for your care.

(sorry, packaging mseed was my very modest attempt to contribute debian,
I'm still a beginner on the subject)

You will do an NMU? How will you proceed? I'm not sure to have
permission to push something on salsa...

Cheers,

Pierre