Re: RFR: src:lapack's 64bit-indexing variant

Le samedi 21 septembre 2019 à 11:00 +0200, Graham Inggs a écrit :
> Hi Mo
>
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 at 07:07, Mo Zhou <lumin@debian.org> wrote:
> > mips64el, s390x, ppc64, sparc64, they are not
> > typical architectures used for intensive
> > scientific computing.
>
> Besides the slow mips64el, the other architectures are all big-endian, 64-bit.
> I note the build was successful on powerpc (big-endian, 32-bit) so my
> guess is somewhere a 64-bit variable is accessed as a 32-bit variable,
> which happens to work on little-endian, but not on big-endian.

Thanks Graham for your insight. You were perfectly right.

It turns out that the functions under the INSTALL/ directory are
currently not recompiled with -fdefault-integer-8.

I realized this because, in the test logs for s390x, the LAPACK version
number displayed by the test program is incorrect for the 64-bit
variant. This is because INSTALL/ilaver.f returns the 3 components of
the version as integers. Since the file is not recompiled for 64-bit,
it returns them as 32-bit integers, which works on little-endian archs,
but breaks for big-endian ones.

I am working on a patch and will hopefully do an upload soon. I hope
this will be enough to fix the testsuite on all arches.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer